[XML-SIG] SAX parser factories (Was: PyTRaX?)

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Fri, 20 Apr 2001 07:32:22 -0600

> >   If we do go with short names, we should at least strongly recommend
> > a way to formulate the names for additional features.  I'd stick with
> > what's recommended for the DOM in this case; for example:
> > "org.zope.dom.persistence".
> >

> Why, do you see a unification with java processor APIs in the future?  If
> we're going to go to dotted names, let's just use URIs and be done with it.

This is my inclination as well.

> If we use the dotted name method, would it be tied to the current package
> structure?  I don;t favor that becaues what should be done if the packages
> are refactored?  I favor making up a URN-like prefix and notation even if we
> never register it anywhere.  Otherwise, a (possibly fake) url as others have
> suggested.  If we use a url, we could consider pointing it to a RDDL-like
> document that could contain machine and human readible information on the
> features.

Possibly something like that, but RDDL itself would probably be a tad
heavyweight, unless we come up with a scheme where the processor can look up a
RDDL document at the base URI that covers a whole family of properties.