[XML-SIG] expat namespace_separator in Python 2.1

Tue, 24 Apr 2001 14:26:11 +0200

> > I'm not aware of any change to that respect. pyexpat passes the
> > namespace_separator as-is to Expat. What version of expat are you
> > using?
>
> We are using the one that came with the Python2.1 final (source) release.

There is no copy of Expat included in the source release of Python
2.1, so you must have got it from somewhere else...

> There is a test in Python-2.1/Lib/test/test_pyexpat.py at the end that is
> testing for 'too short'. We have been using a namespace separator of an
> empty string with no problems using Python2.0 and earlier. It does appear to
> be a restriction imposed by the underlying pyexpat library... I am curious
> what motivated this restriction as it seems like it should be a valid thing
> for an application to want to do.

So am I, but that is hard to answer until we find out what the exact
version of Expat is that you are using (expat is the underlying
library, not pyexpat), and until you can provide a test case that
demonstrates the problem...

Regards,
Martin