[XML-SIG] PyXML for jython

Finn Bock bckfnn@worldonline.dk
Sun, 05 Aug 2001 16:33:58 GMT

[Martin v. Loewis]

>> Comments?
>
>This list sounds good, except that you can probably safely drop
>sax/drivers, and all other SAX1 stuff that goes with it.

Ok, I will not include sax/drivers.

What is "all other SAX1 stuff"? It seems like __init__ import sax2ext
which imports saxext and from there almost all of the sax package is
imported. I really don't want to start hacking on the PyXML sources
myself, so unless there exists a natural separation line between sax1
and sax2, I prefer to include it all (I think).

>> And xpath, xslt and schema? Are they pure python without any C
>> extensions? Are there any testsuites that covers these?
>
>=46rom the current PyXML CVS?

Oh right. Yes I was looking in the CVS version when I wrote that.

>The xslt and xpath packages currently
>don't work there. They also use a single extension module, namely
>boolean. That can be easily rewritten in pure Python, though.
>
>schema/trex is pure Python, but it uses xml.parsers.expat (as a few
>other modules do as well). So until PyTrex is on a more general basis,
>parser-wise, it is probably not of much use in Jython.

Ok, I'll do a wait-and-see regarding all these additional packages.

Thanks for your feedback.

regards,
finn