[XML-SIG] PyXML for jython

Mon, 6 Aug 2001 08:42:39 +0200

[xpath and xslt]
> what exactly are the problems?  i use pure-pyxml (no 4dom) and while
> there are probably some bugs -- i remember CDATA waasn't handled right,
> and my patch got overridden with a re-integration from 4dom -- but
> what's fundamentally wrong?

There are loads of test suite failures. Unfortunately, to run the test
suite, you have to install 4Suite, which makes a few problems go away.

To see some problems, try running the demos. On running merry_xmas.py,
I get an error

AttributeError: StylesheetReader instance has no attribute '_force8Bit'

Essentially, I guess you get this error every time you try to read a
style-sheet. Can you post an example that *does* work?

Regards,
Martin