[XML-SIG] Spec for marking book reviews on the Web

Mon, 20 Aug 2001 10:21:02 -0400

On Fri, Aug 17, 2001 at 02:04:30PM +0200, Lars Marius Garshol wrote:
>* Sean McGrath
>| I'd suggest wrapping title,author+ in an element. e.g.
>| (review)+
>| review (title,author+)
>
>I agree completely with this, and it also raises two new issues, one
>of which is whether the reviews Danny Yee has in mind really are
>reviews of multiple books, or actually multiple reviews.

Reviews of multiple books, as when DDJ reviews 5 books in a column, or
Yee reviews all the books in a trilogy or series.  I'd wrap up
(title,author+) in an 'item' element, a good generic name.

Also, I'd like to have 'review' be the root element of the DTD,
meaning one review = one document.  However, because no one defines
how validation works in the presence of namespaces, you can still
have documents that contain multiple reviews.

--amk