[XML-SIG] Problem installing PyXMLv0.6.6

Göran Rolfsson Goran.Rolfsson@reachin.se
Fri, 24 Aug 2001 11:11:06 +0200

Hi! I first tried the exe-version ( I have NT), but it wants me to select
the Python installation to use, without showing me any to choose among, and
without the possibility to specify a path. And yes, I have Python installed
on my machine (actually in several versions).
I then tried the tar.gz-version, but when trying to build it I got:
 C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\BIN\link.exe /DLL /nologo
/INCREMENTAL:NO /LIBPATH:D:\Python\Python21\libs /EXPORT:initsgmlop
build\temp.win32-2.1
\Release\sgmlop.obj /OUT:build\lib.win32-2.1\_xmlplus\parsers\sgmlop.pyd
/IMPLIB
:build\temp.win32-2.1\Release\sgmlop.lib
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "stlport_vc6.lib"
error: command '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual
Studio\VC98\BIN\link.exe"' failed with exit status 1104

Is there some way to trick the exe-version into finding a python
installation (some environment variable)? Or how do I install this?
Thanks!
/Goran

PS. I actually want to use it together with Zope