[XML-SIG] SOAP in CGI-like environments

Paul Prescod paulp@ActiveState.com
Wed, 29 Aug 2001 16:19:07 -0700

Juergen Hermann wrote:

> ZSI explicitely avoids coupling to any transport mechanism. We
> currently look into using ZSI instead of SOAP.py, for that reason and
> because it's DOCUMENTED (surprise! ;).

That's fair but I'm trying to document it for people who would not want
to be in the business of rolling their own transport...

> And I sucessfully integrated actzero's SOAP.py into Apache, at the
> expense of duplicating the "SOAPServer" class as "SOAPHandler" and then
> adapting it.

Rolling your own again. :-)

Yes, it isn't that hard but I think a majority of programmers out there
just want to point their server at their class and have it do all CGI
wrapping for them. SOAP::Lite and the PHP equivalent have this feature.
--
Take a recipe. Leave a recipe.