[XML-SIG] comparing xml documents

Alexandre Fayolle Alexandre.Fayolle@logilab.fr
Thu, 30 Aug 2001 09:51:44 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 29 Aug 2001, Mark McEahern wrote:

> Suppose I have two xml documents:
>
> 	>>> s1 = "<Foo id='1' type='bar'/>"
> 	>>> s2 = "<Foo type='bar' id='1'/>"
>
> and I want to make sure they are equal.

Then you may want to give a try to XMLdiff available at
http://www.logilab.org/xmldiff/

The current version has a slight algorithm complexity problem which makes
it unusable for medium to large documents, but we are working on another
algorithm that we should be releasing by the end of the week which
dramatically improves the performance on big documents (at the cost of
having a slightly less optimal output). The new release will be announced
on the xml-sig mailing list, so stay tuned.

Cheers,

Alexandre Fayolle
--
LOGILAB, Paris (France).
Narval, the first software agent available as free software (GPL).