[XML-SIG] online XBEL bookmark manager

Alexander Anderson alex@upful.org
Wed, 12 Dec 2001 11:55:59 -0500

Greetings,

Several months ago I started a project on SourceForge to create an
online XBEL bookmark manager. The project[1], called BES, is still in its
alpha stage, but I personally find it useful. Those who want to look at my
bookmarks[2] can do so. It's written in Java though, not in Python.

Do people have a need for a good bookmark manager? There was a
discussion[3] on Half-Empty on topic of "Bookmark Managers or lack
there of." I would like to find out more on this topic from people who
deal with XBEL more closely. To clarify what a good bookmark manager is
for me: it must be distributed, easy to use, and integrate well with
different browsers.

So is there future for XBEL in this area?

[1] http://bes.sourceforge.net/
[2] http://www.upful.org/bes/
[2] http://www.half-empty.org/ideas/6e/dc/52/6b/73/default_index.html