[XML-SIG] sax and entities

Thu, 8 Feb 2001 21:06:41 +0100

> I think it would make very good sense, BTW, for the DOM serializers to
> provide some mechanism for doing escapings of this kind when
> serializing the DOM.  It might be that you pass a dictionary like

> or perhaps a function. What say ye, DOM implementors?

That would make another issue on a "standard Python DOM extensions"
PEP. Unfortunately, so far, nobody has offered to draft one. Once it
is there and agreed, I think it won't be too hard to provide such a
feature in DOM implementations. The purpose of the PEP would be to
present the feature uniformly across DOM implementations, of course.

Regards,
Martin