[XML-SIG] Python SOAP Implementations

Alexandre Fayolle Alexandre.Fayolle@logilab.fr
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 20:04:17 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 14 Feb 2001, Uche Ogbuji wrote:

> > We're using this in Narval. It works well. However it chokes on unicode
> > strings, so beware if you're planning to use it with python2.0
>
> Note, /F says they are working on soaplib 0.9.5.  Sounds as if they have a
> hurdle or two, but it will probably emerge soon.
>
> I imagine, based on his involvement with Python/Unicode that the next release
> will have better UNicode support.
>
> Just in case, I'd send him e-mail mentioning the need.

I'm pretty sure that he's aware of this: it is explicitely mentionned on
http://www.pythonware.com/products/soap/profile.htm :

"soaplib.py only supports 8-bit character sets. Future versions will add
support for arbitrary character sets (but only under Python 1.6)."

Alexandre Fayolle
--
http://www.logilab.com
Narval is the first software agent available as free software (GPL).