[XML-SIG] Re: [XML-checkins] CVS: www/htdocs/topics roadmap.ht,1.1,1.2

17 Feb 2001 17:19:00 +0100

Hi Martin,

* Martin v. Loewis

| Thanks for maintaining the roadmap.

No problem. :)

* Lars Marius Garshol

|  <li>Re-indent everything to 4-space indents

* Martin v. Loewis

| I'll do that.

OK. Should I remove it from the list or leave it there until you've
done it?

* Lars Marius Garshol

| <li>Move development to the PyXML CVS tree. This includes moving
| the test suite.
| <li>Release version 0.80 with updates for XML 1.0 2nd edition
| compliance, better validator independence (from parser), better
| location reporting and base sysid handling, Unicode support and
| improved convenience APIs. It may be that there will be several
| releases on the road to 0.80.

* Martin v. Loewis

| Can you give an estimate point in time for completion of these items?
| Or perhaps just the first one?

The first one I hope to do very soon. I would have done it already had
not my laptop crashed and taken some of this work with it. As it is I
am not sure how much I need to do over, but this is the first XML-SIG
related thing I'll do[1], and it shouldn't take too long.

Getting all of version 0.80 done will take several months, I expect,
mostly because I'll be taking a lot of time off from all kinds of work.

Since I have yet to provide an accurrate estimate of this kind of
thing I won't try to be more specific.

--Lars M.

[1] Provided I can resist the temptation to implement Rick Jelliffe's
    Hook schema language.