[XML-SIG] problems with PyXML 0.6.3

Mon, 19 Feb 2001 21:59:18 +0100

> In that case, it might be nice for the download page (or message) to advise
> the user to do it before running the installer.

Ok, the next release will do this in the installer.

> Yeah, perhaps. But I think there should still be instructions
> somewhere.  Otherwise the only way to *become* someone who knows
> what they're doing wrt tests is to read the code. Or maybe that's
> sufficient.

Again: contributions are welcome. I personally won't change the status
quo in this respect.

> Well, it wouldn't have to be a log of *all* changes. What I'm really
> concerned about are the non-backwards-compatible changes.

Same issue: I'd be happy if there was any documentation describing the
current API in detail; I cannot find the time to produce a detailed
report of what has changed between releases - especially if these
packages are updated by third-party contributors.

It is much easier if people that run into problems report them, and
ask for help in porting to a new release. If many people are affected,
and no easy transition is possible, API breakage should be considered
a bug and fixed in a subsequent release, instead of being documented.

> > Again, with the next 4DOM update, this might look completely
> > different.
>
> Will that be in PyXML 0.6.4?

Probably yes; I hope that the 4DOM integration will happen RSN.

Regards,
Martin