[XML-SIG] Re: adding the XML to 2.0 to be a mistake?

Fri, 19 Jan 2001 13:31:26 -0500

On Thu, Jan 18, 2001 at 08:01:59PM -0800, Paul Prescod wrote:
>I agree with this. I don't think that minidom should have an existence
>independent of Python. The PyXML minidom should be phased out. The only

That won't work, because the _xmlplus package overrides the xml/
package completely, and therefore has to keep copies of everything in
Python's package, so we're stuck with the duplication.

>I don't know what you mean by saying that PyXML is "tied to Python."
>PyXML depends on Python, just as PIL and NumPy do.

I should have been clearer and said that effectively its release
schedule is tied to Python.

--amk