[XML-SIG] Development roadmap?

Martin v. Loewis martin@mira.cs.tu-berlin.de
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 08:45:30 +0100

> I think it would make sense for the XML-SIG to create a development
> roadmap document that basically outlines
>
>  - tasks that we plan to do
>  - who is assigned to what task, if known
>  - rough estimate for task completion, when known

It seems that the current PyXML TODO document could be used to hold
that information. The only 'maintainance' I did to that document so
far was to remove obsolete entries - feel free to add stuff back.

If you think this information would be better maintained in a
different format or location (e.g. SF task manager), I suggest that
the TODO file is deleted altogether.

> This would obviously have to be a living document that is constantly
> updated to reflect the current state of affairs. I'd be willing to
> take on that task, which I guess would consist of writing the first
> version of it and updating it when others neglect to do so.

That sounds like your book is complete :-) Anyway, if you are willing
to maintain a roadmap, go just ahead.

As for specific things I plan to do (over the course of the next
months): I'd like to offer XPath and XSLT support in PyXML. I also
like to push contributors to contribute updates of their respective
packages :-)

Regards,
Martin