[XML-SIG] problem with empty namespace uri

Alexandre Fayolle Alexandre.Fayolle@logilab.fr
Sun, 28 Jan 2001 16:22:58 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

I'm testing Narval with what is currently in the CVS for 4Suite and
PyXML. I noticed a weird behaviour in 4DOM which is probably
parser-related, so this is why I post here.

If I build a DOM using the default non-validating parser, attributes that
have no namespace are available by specifying an empty string as the
namespace uri parameter to getAttributeNS().

Now, if I build a DOM using the default validating parser, using an empty
string won't do the trick. Instead, I have to use None as the namespace
uri.

I think this is a problem with the sax2 driver for xmlproc, or maybe
xmlproc itself. I'll look into it and submit a patch if I can figure it
out.

Alexandre Fayolle
--
http://www.logilab.com
Narval is the first software agent available as free software (GPL).