[XML-SIG] problem with empty namespace uri

29 Jan 2001 17:15:53 +0100

* Lars Marius Garshol

| My opinion is that names that have no namespace URI should be
| represented using None rather than "".

* Martin v. Loewis

| That would be fine if agreed-upon, especially as it is consistent.

Yup. Tom Passin has said that he agrees; it would be nice if more
people could post their opinions so that we have some idea of who
agrees and who does not.

I'd hate it if we changed this later on.

| I just point out that this would be another deviation from the Java,
| which then should be explicitly documented as such.

I am aware of this, and agree that it should be documented as a
deviation.

| I agree on your point to agree first, and change the code then :-)
| I'd go further to change the documentation before changing the code.

I agree.  I'll also change my book before we change the code.  :-)

--Lars M.