[XML-SIG] on gettext maintenance

Alexandre Fayolle Alexandre.Fayolle@logilab.fr
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 17:54:55 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 30 Jan 2001, Uche Ogbuji wrote:

> Anyway, so what happens when I change or add messages and all that.  Do I
> simply send brand new .po files to each translation, maybe sending a diff as
> well to make the changes clear?  This seems cumbersome.  Of course, I'm not
> sure what scheme would be smoother.

Well, a diff is a much friendlier way to present these kind of things than
a brand new file.

> BTW, what's the difference between a .po and .pot file?

I think the latter is supposed to be smoked. As for the former, well... I
won't go into the details, and let you decide for yourself. ;o)

Alexandre 'sorry, I cound not resist this one' Fayolle
--
http://www.logilab.com
Narval is the first software agent available as free software (GPL).