[XML-SIG] 4xslt bug involving key()

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Tue, 03 Jul 2001 09:38:04 -0600

> 4xslt from CVS doesn't run. Here's what I did.  I have pyxml 0.65/python
> 1.5.2 on Windows.  I copied the three directories xslt, xpath, util from the
> CVS on SourceForge, renamed the corresponding 0.65 directories to save them,
> and copied the three CVS directories in their place.  Then I ran my command
> line wrapper for 4xslt.
>
> I get an error, of which this is the salient part:
>
>  File "D:\PROGRA~2\PYTHON\xml\xpath\Conversions.py", line 23, in ?
>     from xml.utils import boolean
> ImportError: cannot import name boolean
>
> There is no file called "boolean" in the CVS, nor does xml\util\__init__.py
> define boolean.  What do I need to make this work?

Weird.  None of this should have changed since the beta.

xml.utils.boolean.so (or .pyd) should have ben built with your PyXML build.
For instance, on my machine:

/usr/local/lib/python2.1/site-packages/_xmlplus/utils/boolean.so

How did you build/install PyXML?

BTW, you'll want the most recent CVS 4Suite (from a few hours ago): important
fixes.

XML strategy, XML tools (http://4Suite.org), knowledge management