[XML-SIG] SAX with DTD

Hung Jung Lu hungjunglu@yahoo.com
Thu, 12 Jul 2001 16:23:03 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I am new to XML in Python. I have a few questions.

(1) I have read that Expat is non-validating. Does it
mean that it ignores DTD completely?

(2) I have a DTD that specifies default attributes
(via #FIXED) of an XML document. Is there some parser
(DOM preferred, SAX ok) in Python that can take into
account the attributes specified in DTD? I tried
xml.dom.minidom and as one would guess, it does not do
anything with DTD. What's a good XML parser in Python
that builds DOM with DTD information?

(3) If the above is not available in Python (DOM with
DTD), is there any simple downloadable example out
there of some SAX parser that uses both XML and DTD?
I've read a bit about xmlproc, xmlval, but is there
any simple example code?

thanks,

Hung Jung