[4suite] Re: [XML-SIG] xsl:nclude-and-transform

Nicolas Chauvat Nicolas.Chauvat@logilab.fr
Thu, 19 Jul 2001 15:46:31 +0200 (CEST)

> > company.xml was a black box through the processing.  I guess here's
> > where we need Nico's help again in explaining exactly what he wants.
>=20
> Agreed.  Nico wake up

Ouch, sorry guys, I can't keep up with Colorado time. But it seems like I
started a nice thread :-) From what I read, Uche got the right
interpretation of my question.

I was asking for a mean to fetch part of a document, transform it using a
parametrizable stylesheet, then include the result in the parsed document.

Compared to <xi:include href=3D'company.xml'/> that would copy the content
of company.xml, I was asking for a

   <include-after-transform
       src=3D'company.xml'
       transform=3D'company2dcbk.xslt'/>

[or even better ...
       src=3D'companies.xml#xpointer(company/name/text()=3D"Logilab")'
]

that would get replaced with=20

=09<orgname>...</orgname>
        <address>...</address>

*before* the document is processed by the docbook XSL stylesheet.

Of I could customize my docbook XSL stylesheet, but then I'd have to
include every single transform that converts data from one format to a
docbook representation.

I think that one way of doing it would be to enhance 4xslt as Uche
suggested. Another way to do it might be to forget about the "xsl
processor does all in one step" idea and use a script that first replaces
the include-and-transform tags (with an xsl transform ?), then feeds
the result to the XSL processor that applies the docook stylesheet.

I'll look into it some more and maybe ask for more details about
adding that feature to 4xslt. Let me know if you've got a better idea and
thank you very much for your support :-)

--=20
Nicolas Chauvat

http://www.logilab.com - "Mais o=F9 est donc Ornicar ?" - LOGILAB, Paris (F=
rance)