[XML-SIG] Sgmlop SAX 2 parser

26 Jul 2001 10:18:24 +0200

Hi Alexandre,

* Alexandre Fayolle

| Here's a first version of my attempt at providing a SAX2 parser for
| Sgmlop. It still features some debugging prints. I'd be very grateful if
| you could scrutinize it hard and tell me what you think of it. I'll be
| back online on Monday.

This looks reasonable to me. I haven't tested it, or looked at what it
does with encodings, but the general approach seems like it will work
just fine.

Some minor nits:

 - set_property should be setProperty

 - you don't need prepareParser, it's just there to make subclassing
   IncrementalParser easier, but you don't do that

 - I think you omit the startDocument() element if someone only uses
   the feed, close, and reset methods, without going via parse

 - the experimental Python extensions you can just remove, that is
   stuff from SAX 1.0

 - the SaxHtmlParser looks good, but it should get its own module so
   that it is accessible via xml.sax.make_parser

BTW: I needed HTML parsing yesterday, and, forgetting Alexandre's
     contribution, I added drivers for sgmllib and htmllib to
     xml.sax.drivers2. So we should be well covered in terms of SGML
     and HTML parsing now.

--Lars M.