[XML-SIG] [ pyxml-Patches-445405 ] Cygwin Build Attempt

noreply@sourceforge.net noreply@sourceforge.net
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 20:44:35 -0700

You can respond by visiting:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=306473&aid=445405&group_id=6473

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Trying to build PyXML from source under Cygwin and
install it with the Cygwin build of Python is pretty
frustrating. Following some clues I found via Google,
it looks like use of the DL_EXPORT macro is pretty
handy. The next problem was the linker complaining
that it couldn't find the (static) PyBoolean_Type to
export it, so I removed static.

Now it builds. Whee!

Lots of tests fail, but that also happens with the
PyXML 0.6.5 Windows distribution kit, so I figure you
know about some of them already.

Failed test results after applying the patch to either
PyXML 0.6.5 or the current CVS contents:

test test_howto crashed -- exceptions.TypeError :
__init__() takes at least 2 arguments (1 given)
test test_marshal crashed -- exceptions.TypeError :
__init__() takes at least 2 arguments (1 given)
test test_minidom failed -- Writing: 'Test Failed: ',
expected: 'Passed testAA'
test test_sax crashed -- exceptions.TypeError :
__init__() takes at least 2 arguments (1 given)
test test_saxdrivers crashed -- exceptions.TypeError :