[XML-SIG] DOM and non ascii element or attribute names

Alexandre Fayolle Alexandre.Fayolle@logilab.fr
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 11:21:34 +0200 (CEST)

>From my reading of the DOM L2 spec, it should be possible to create DOM
nodes (elements or attributes) with non-ascii characters in their
name. 4DOM seems to be preventing this, with 2 lines in Document.py :

#FIXME: should allow combining characters: fix when Python gets Unicode
g_namePattern = re.compile('[a-zA-Z_:][\w\.\-_:]*\Z')

My unicode-fu is a bit too low right now to write a patch (it should
improve soon), but I'll be glad to do some testing.

Cheers,

Alexandre Fayolle
--
http://www.logilab.com
Narval is the first software agent available as free software (GPL).