[XML-SIG] Re: Version number question on PyXML 0.6.4

Thu, 1 Mar 2001 14:07:51 -0500

On Thu, Mar 01, 2001 at 03:22:34PM +0100, Martin von Loewis wrote:
>If the major components have no well-known and problematic
>deficiencies left, I'll call it 1.0. A well-known deficiency are the
>Unicode problems, for example.

What problem is that?  Is it that if a parser outputs regular strings,
you don't know what encoding they're in?

Regarding version numbers: the PyXML code base is certainly
full-featured enough that it could certainly be called 1.0.  We'd want
to work on bringing the docs back up to date, though; I'm planning to
revise the XML HOWTO next week (after I get the QEL release out).

--amk