[XML-SIG] Web App Testing article at LinuxQuality

Michael D. Crawford crawford@goingware.com
Mon, 05 Mar 2001 05:22:19 -0330

Tonight I posted:

Use Validators and Load Generators to Test Your Web Applications
http://linuxquality.sunsite.dk/articles/webapptesting/

The article generally promotes the idea that one should use
validators to ensure that the pages produced by a web application
conform to W3C standards.  I also talk about stress testing with
load generators and bring up the idea of combining the two to check
for document corruption from a server under heavy stress.

I mention PyXML and the Python XML Sig in the section "XML Validators":

http://linuxquality.sunsite.dk/articles/webapptesting/validators.html#xml

where I suggest that if a web application generates XHTML rather than
HTML,
one can make use of one of the many available XML software packages for
validating and processing one's documents.

I don't say a lot specifically about PyXML (although I do say I've used
it
and it's good) - is there anything I should add?  Do you have any
comments
on any part of the page?

The Linux Quality Database at http://linuxquality.sunsite.dk/ has the
dual
purpose of promoting better quality in Free and Open Source Software
programs
by publishing articles like this one, and the eventual development of an
easy-to-use but powerful bug database to ease widespread public quality
assurance of the Linux kernel.

Any articles you might like to submit yourself are appreciated.  Also
appreciated are helpful hands to contribute to the database project.

Regards,

Mike Crawford
--
Michael D. Crawford