[XML-SIG] PyXML-0.6.4 on BeOS

Carlos Eberhardt carlos@eberhardt.net
Sun, 11 Mar 2001 10:59:20 CST

Hello-

Just wanted to drop a note mentioning that the setup.py script fails
under BeOS R5.0.3 (x86) due to the expat filemap stuff. BeOS doesn't
have mmap (I guess), so it needs to use the readfilemap.c (like the mac
setup):

# Use either unixfilemap or readfilemap depending on the platform
if sys.platform == 'win32':
    FILEMAP_SRC = 'extensions/expat/xmlwf/win32filemap.c'
elif sys.platform[:3] == 'mac':
    FILEMAP_SRC = 'extensions/expat/xmlwf/readfilemap.c'
elif sys.platform[:4] == 'beos':
    FILEMAP_SRC = 'extensions/expat/xmlwf/readfilemap.c'
else:
    # Assume all other platforms are Unix-compatible; this is almost
    # certainly wrong. :)
    FILEMAP_SRC = 'extensions/expat/xmlwf/unixfilemap.c'

(actually, I cheated and just set the FILEMAP_SRC in the else block to
use readfile map, but I would assume adding the check for beos would do
the trick as well)

... Just FYI!

Thanks for all the hard work!

Carlos