[XML-SIG] Preparing for PyXML 0.6.5

Johann Visagie johann@egenetics.com
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 11:23:12 +0200

Jérôme Marant on 2001-03-14 (Wed) at 15:40:13 +0100:

>   I'm the Debian maintainer of the PyXML package and I'm working on
>   packaging 4Suite for Debian (BTW, do you agree with it?). So, I have
>   to remove PyXML and 4DOM sections as they are provided by the PyXML
>   package (4Suite depends on PyXML) and I was wondering whether I'd
>   have to remove more and more components :-)

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one having these problems.  :-)  I took over
maintainership of the PyXML port in the FreeBSD ports tree last November.
Since then, we managed to solve some subtle dependency problems caused by
PyXML installing in different locations under Python 2.0 and earlier
versions, but I have yet to face up to the monster that is the proper
integration of 4Suite and PyXML ports.  Currently, therefore, FreeBSD has no
4Suite port.  I hope this will change soon.  :-)

This thread has been most informative, thanks.

-- Johann