[XML-SIG] setup.py question

Jérôme Marant jerome.marant@free.fr
16 Mar 2001 15:37:04 +0100

"Fred L. Drake, Jr." <fdrake@acm.org> writes:
=20
>   Python 2.0 provides an "xml" package already, but PyXML is an
> upgrade to that package.  PyXML should be installing as "_xmlplus" for
> Python 2.0+, and as "xml" for all older versions of Python.
>   Can you detail the combination of releases that breaks for you?
>   Thanks!

  Well, I can see the problem now. It is related to the way the
  interpreter is packaged in Debian: we usually split packages in
  several parts (thematically) in order not to bloat the system.
  For instance, python2-xmlbase contains the core xml library.
  My problem is that i made pyxml conflict with python2-xmlbase
  so that we cannot have 2 xml implementations at a time.
  So, It breaks applications since import xml does not work any
  more.

  After reading your remark, would do say that the core xml
  package is mandatory for pyxml ? If so, i can peacefully
  remove the "conflict". If not, I'll have to rename _xmlplus
  to xml.

  Thanks !

--=20
J=E9r=F4me Marant <jerome.marant@free.fr>