[XML-SIG] setup.py question

Fri, 16 Mar 2001 18:41:05 +0100

>   After reading your remark, would do say that the core xml
>   package is mandatory for pyxml ?=20

=46rom the point of your packaging strategy, it is. But as Fred, I'd
strongly discourage splitting the Core Python distribution. The major
strength of Python is the "batteries included" aspect. So for the
Python core, I'd rather encourage an all-or-nothing position.

Do you have any feedback how many administrators would chose a
"partial" installation? How could an administrator know what kind of
libraries her users need? Sometimes, offering choices only complicates
matters instead of simplifying them. The people will show up on
python-help or python-tutor and ask what happened to the supposed XML
support of Python 2.0, since they did not get it on their system.

Regards,
Martin