[XML-SIG] Unicode support in xmlproc

27 Mar 2001 16:38:02 +0200

* Martin v. Loewis

| AFAIK, the only missing aspect is proper support for Unicode in tag
| and attribute names; XML allows for a quite long list of characters,
| and I'm not sure how to best implement that. If anybody has an sre
| regular expression that correctly matches the Name production of XML,
| please let me know.

The question is also what the performance of that would be. Name
matching is performed very very often, so any changes here strongly
affect the overall performance of xmlproc.

It may also be that we want to use a dictionary of characters for
this. I think several avenues need to be explored here to find the
best approach.

| Unfortunately, running the testsuite with xmlproc as the default
| parser does no good: many test cases expect an IncremementalParser,
| and drv_xmlproc is not incremental.

That's probably easy to fix, since xmlproc is incremental.

--Lars M.