[XML-SIG] RDF?

Thomas B. Passin tpassin@home.com
Sat, 31 Mar 2001 10:02:29 -0500

Uche Ogbuji

> Well, we have 4RDF as well, but there's no reason why we can't have
multiple
> RDF implementations.

 Yes, yes

> We could merge implementations, and I really have no problem with that,
but
> since the core RDF model is subject to so many interpretations, I think
it's
> an especially good idea to have parallel implementations.

yes again.

> The question is: who wants RDF in PyXML?  And would you prefer to start
with a
> lightweight solution, or one with all the trimmings?

Its a good question - about PyXML be only the "real" core xml
infrastructure - parsing, DOM, and so on, or about major support areas for
applications like RDF?  If not, that sounds like a new SIG.  That might be a
good iead in the long run, but we would need more keen minds blasting stuff
out first.  I think that the SIG shouldn't be split at this time, so I'd say
to keep RDF in it.

And many thanks to James for this work and his generous offer to share it.

Cheers,

Tom P