[XML-SIG] Metadata in XBEL

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Sat, 31 Mar 2001 11:14:08 -0500 (EST)

Uche Ogbuji writes:
 > I think a Lisp approach to storing the nodes is an interesting idea, given
 > Python's strong list processing.  Basically, just a straightforward
 > translation of the parameters of SAX events (plus node-type) into nested
 > lists.  Probably not exactly what we'd want for a PyDOM, but an easy straw
 > man to build.

  There is xml.utils.qp_xml, which is very lightweight.  Perhaps that
should be examined more carefully?
  I think one thing we need to consider before we settle on any
particular API is, how much abstraction should we provide, and how
much should we expose the lexical details?  One thing we've found
whlie working with Zope is that while abstract is nice, we usually
want to work our transformations in a near surgical manner -- the less
we change about the input, the better.  This is especially important
if we're feeding a WebDAV client, where a human is relatively likely
to want to view or edit the source text we generate.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>
PythonLabs at Digital Creations