[XML-SIG] RDF?

Sat, 31 Mar 2001 22:45:50 +0200

> Now, I'm not so sure.  (It was consideration of xmlrpc.)  For the
> end-user, what are the reasons to not include a package under PyXML?
> I understand the developer issues -- see James's recent thread bout
> PyTrex, for example -- but what does an end-user (i.e., me :) care?

End users will only complain about "too much" if the size of the
distribution grows unacceptably. Since bandwidth and disk space are
going up all the time, this is not a real danger - although 20MB
testsuite for xmlproc probably would have been a little too much.

They will also complain if the stuff that is there does not
work. That, indirectly, limits growth, and means that sometimes things
have to be taken out just because the original author ran away, and
nobody cares to maintain it (or because the original author did not
want to take the blame anymore :-).

Regards,
Martin