[XML-SIG] RE: SOAP for Python

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Thu, 03 May 2001 08:27:02 -0600

> > What is this naivete you're
> > talking about?
>
> If you asked 100 people who were building SOAP applications
> 	Did you know we could both be compliant but use different data
> 	transfers and therefore be unable to interoperate?
> I'll bet more than half would be surprised, and more than 80% would say
> "yes, but doesn't everyone at least support the common scheme."

As you said, time will tell, but you were talking about Web services, not
applications.  I thought this is what the entire thread was about.  I can
assure you that I have spoken to/worked with quite a few in the nascent Web
services space, and that most have learned not to take anything for granted,
as long as it is conformant.

You'd be surprised how much SOAP work is proceeding without Section 5.