[XML-SIG] Getting 4SuiteServer 0.11 Working on Windows

Thomas B. Passin tpassin@home.com
Sun, 6 May 2001 00:26:01 -0400

Another problem, the 4ss test_suite fails with this message:

D:>test.py
4SS User Name: dba
==== D:\Program Files\Python\Doc\4SuiteServer-0.11\test_suite ===
==== D:\Program Files\Python\Doc\4SuiteServer-0.11\test_suite\Core ===
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "D:\Program Files\Python\Doc\4SuiteServer-0.11\test_suite\test.py",
line
29, in ?
    test(tester)
  File "D:\Program Files\Python\Doc\4SuiteServer-0.11\test_suite\test.py",
line
18, in test
    m.test(tester)
  File "D:\Program Files\Python\Doc\4SuiteServer-0.11\test_suite\test.py",
line
14, in test
    os.chdir(dir)
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'Core'

I ran this script from the test_suite directory.  Note that I added an extra
print statement to see what directory it couldn't find.  It looks as if the
test.py script calls itself the second time rather than calling the test.py
located in the test_suite\Core directory.  I'm sure this wasn't intended.

This would be a good time for me to put in a plug to make scripts that
depend on knowing where other files are relative to themselves, detect their
own location.  You may have to make the script a module to do this reliably
(I'm not fully up on all the ins and outs, but if you do it right then
__file__ gives you the full path to the script).

Cheers,

Tom P