[XML-SIG] [ pyxml-Bugs-421553 ] stylesheet node reader requires '' NSURI

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Tue, 08 May 2001 14:53:02 -0600

> Karl Anderson writes:
>  > Can anyone shine some light on which DOM implementation is right here?
>  > After parsing an attribute with no namespace prefix, what namespace
>  > URIs should it be possible to retrieve that attribute with?
>  >
>  > For example, after parsing "<spam version="1.0"/>" in a namespace
>  > aware way, which should return "1.0":
>  >
>  > getAttributeNS(None, 'version')
>  > getAttributeNS('', 'version')
>
>   The former is correct according to past discussions in this mailing
> list.

Yes, and I was a proponent of the former as well, but we just haven't had a
chance to go throughout XSLT and make the needed changes.  It's on our to-do
list, but any contributed patches can make this happen more quickly.  To be
clear: changing pDomlette and cDomlette themselves is quite easy: it's 4XPath
and 4XSLT that will eat up the sweat equity.