[XML-SIG] clarification request about Sax/Sax2 mappings

Alexandre Fayolle Alexandre.Fayolle@logilab.fr
Wed, 9 May 2001 18:47:38 +0200 (CEST)

On 9 May 2001, Lars Marius Garshol wrote:

> * Alexandre Fayolle
> |
> | Specifically, my understanding is that the prototype of the startElement
> | method of the ContentHandler interface in Sax2 is supposed to take 4
> | arguments (nsUri, localName, qName, attributes).
>
> This is not correct. In SAX 2.0 there are two startElement methods:
>
>   startElement(name, attributes)
>   startElementNS(name, qname, attributes)
>
> In the latter, name is a (nsuri, localname) tuple.

I use http://www.megginson.com/SAX/Java/Javadoc/ as a reference. In this
documentation, the ContentHandler interface has no startElementNS method,
only startElement(java.lang.String namespaceURI, java.lang.String
localName, java.lang.String qName, Attributes atts).

If I'm not using the right reference, could someone please give me a
pointer to the right one. Otherwise, I do not understand where the
startElementNS method comes from.

Alexandre Fayolle
--
http://www.logilab.com
Narval is the first software agent available as free software (GPL).