[XML-SIG] Re: [4suite] ReleaseNode interface in 4XSLT

Mike Olson Mike.Olson@fourthought.com
Sun, 13 May 2001 12:19:06 -0600

Uche Ogbuji wrote:

> Wouldn't it be better to make up a Reader class for minidom which
> implements a releaseNode method similar to what you have above?  The
> idea behind the reader architecture is to manage such things.

The thing I don't like about the reader, is that you need to pass it
around or store it in order to call the correct release.  We could get
around this by having each node store a reference to its reader when it
is created.

node.reader.releaseNode(node)

> There might be some places in 4XSLT that don't properly call releaseNode
> on the reader instance itself, but I'd rather fix them to do so.

Stylesheet nodes are the big ones (off head) because we don't keep track
of what reader the stylesheet was created with so we always call
pDomlette.releaseNode

--
Mike Olson				 Principal Consultant
mike.olson@fourthought.com               (303)583-9900 x 102