[XML-SIG] Re: [4suite] ReleaseNode interface in 4XSLT

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Sun, 13 May 2001 13:36:40 -0600

"Martin v. Loewis" wrote:

> > The thing I don't like about the reader, is that you need to pass it
> > around or store it in order to call the correct release.  We could get
> > around this by having each node store a reference to its reader when it
> > is created.
>
> With regard to the reader, I'd also like to point you to the level 3
> load-store interfaces,
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/WD-DOM-Level-3-CMLS-20010419/load-save.html
>
> where they have a DOMBuilder interface. So while your Reader interface
> is fine as Ft-provided API, I think the DOMBuilder interface has a
> higher chance of getting accepted widely.

I'm quite familiar with DOM Level 3, but the Reader architecture
predates this, and there is no immediate prospect of time to move to the
Level 3 interfaces.  Perhaps in a month or two.  Of course, this could
be accelerated by contributions.