[XML-SIG] newbie question

Rich Salz rsalz@zolera.com
Fri, 18 May 2001 08:42:53 -0400

> You probably need to be aware of the Python DOM mapping, see
>
> http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/module-xml.dom.html

That brings up a question I meant to ask last week.

What's better, the "raw" mapping documented above, or the Corba-style
mapping? That is, self.nodeType or self._get_nodeType() ?

I am mainly interested to know which is most portable across Python DOM
implementations, but I also care a bit about efficiency.

Since Python has documented its own DOM interface, having an official
Corba->Python mapping doesn't matter all that much to me, although it is
convenient to be able to read Corba IDL and write Python without any
intermediate docs.
	/r$