[XML-SIG] Re: [4suite] ANN: 4Suite and 4SuiteServer 0.11.1 release canidate 1

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Tue, 22 May 2001 14:54:49 -0600

Mike Olson wrote:

> 4Suite Server new features
>
>   FTP server
>   text indexing using swish
>   more CORBA support
>   Backup and Restore command line tools
>   Better security
>   True access control lists

One note.  The new 4SS requires a re-initialization of all databases.
We specifically made backup and restore facilities a priority for this
release so that in future, we will provide a smooth migration path
whenever new releases break data.

Hopefully no one has accumulated irreplaceable data in 4SS yet, and if
you have, let us know and we should be able to help with the migration.

Migration testing will be a standard part of every 4SS release form now
so you needn't fear for your data in future.

I apologize for any inconvenience.