[XML-SIG] getAttribute??

W. Eliot Kimber eliot@isogen.com
Mon, 28 May 2001 18:24:29 -0500

Dom Linu wrote:

> Wow -- very informative.  Thank you.  I was working on the assumption
> that if namespaces weren't in use, that you use non-namespace
> functions.  That seems to have worked for everything else that I'm
> doing, but to be honest I can't remember if I've always been using the
> Sax2 reader-- I would have to dig.  I mean, with the Sax2 reader
> (implied by using FromXml) getElementsByTagName works, without using
> getElementsByTagNameNS I'm pretty sure...  is this inconsistent, or am
> I missing something?  (the latter probably being true!)

I considered the current behavior a bug (that non-namespace functions
require a null namespace value) and fixed it in my local copy of the
code. Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to package up these fixes
and submit them back to the SIG yet.

The problem I found was that the dictionaries where things were indexed
all assumed a tupple key with a possibly null namespace value. The fix
was easy: just synthesize the tupple for the non-namespace lookup
methods.

Cheers,

Eliot

W. Eliot Kimber | Lead Brain

1016 La Posada Dr. | Suite 240 | Austin TX  78752
    T 512.656.4139 |  F 512.419.1860 | eliot@isogen.com

w w w . d a t a c h a n n e l . c o m