[XML-SIG] Expat problems again...

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Thu, 8 Nov 2001 13:44:09 -0500

Magnus Lie Hetland writes:
 > I guess I haven't linked properly with libexpat or something, but
 > I don't find it exactly obvious how to do that and I don't remember
 > where I found out the last time...

  Are you working with Python from CVS?  I'm going to guess that
pyexpat.so did not get rebuilt when the GC code changed.  The first
thing to try is to use a clean source dir and build again.  Before
installing, make sure you can "import pyexpat" in the newly built
interpreter before installing.

 > (May it be that some residual stuff compiled against Python 2.1 is
 > still lingering about, destroying everything?)

  Probably not, unless you're sharing compiled binary extensions
across Python versions.  This would not be the case if you take the
defaults from distutils.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>