[XML-SIG] where is test_support.py?

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Fri, 9 Nov 2001 21:09:28 +0100

Martin v. Loewis wrote:
> > The first thing I thought I'd try is running the tests. Unfortunately
> > many tests, including regrtest.py, want to import something called
> > test_support, which I think is a module. However, I can't find any
> > such module anywhere; not in xml/test and not in test either, and not
> > even in the CVS attic. What's up?
>
> If you run PyXML's test/regrtest.py, it will import test_support from
> test.

Yes, I noticed, but the module can't be found.

>  If you have Python 1.5.1 or later, there should be a module
> test.test_support available.

Am I to understand this is part of the Python standard library (looked, but
couldn't find it), or is this part of Python's testing framework?
I don't think I have the Python tests installed on my debian box; I'll
take a look to see if that helps.

[back later]

Ah, it does. :) Onwards!

Regards,