[XML-SIG] namespaces and sax2

Sylvain Thenault Sylvain.Thenault@logilab.fr
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 09:47:11 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 14 Nov 2001, Martin v. Loewis wrote:

> > The problem is that didn't manage to retrieve the namespace associated
> > with the "test" prefix, since it isn't used by any node and xmlns
> > attributes are not reported and startPrefixMapping is never called.
>
> With pyexpat at least, startPrefixMapping should be called. Can you
> give the exact code and software versions you are using?

You're right! I was using the xmlproc parser (I had tried with pyexpat,
but it my code didn't support qname=None so I didn't go further).

I have changed my code and used pyexpat, it works now!

But there is still a bug with the xmlproc parser which should call
startPrefixMapping... (I'm using PyXml 0.6.6)

Thanks for your help

--
Sylvain Thenault

  LOGILAB           http://www.logilab.org