[XML-SIG] Re: python SAX API

Martin v. Loewis martin@v.loewis.de
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 21:16:08 +0100

> > > When is 0.7 due? If we are still far from the objectives, maybe making a
> > > 0.6.7 release with coherent parsers would be a good idea.
> >
> > I'm coming to the conclusion that PyXML 0.7 will not ship with
> > xml.xslt, only with xml.xpath. If that is acceptable, I think we can
> > have a PyXML 0.7 release next week.
>
> What will be the interaction between xml.xpath in PyXML and xml.xpath in
> 4Suite when both are installed on the same machine?

This is still uncertain; it will be advisable not to install both of
them. If you do, the last one you install will take precedence, if you
use the --force option to install (or install a binary distribution);
if you install without force, you may end up with some files from one
release and other files from the other.

I *believe* that the PyXML xml.xpath should interwork with the 4Suite
xml.xslt (and be compatible with 4Suite xml.xpath in all other
respects also), but that also needs testing.

Regards,
Martin