[4suite] Re: [XML-SIG] Re: python SAX API

Bill Eldridge bill@rfa.org
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 23:34:48 +0100

"Martin v. Loewis" wrote:
> > What will be the interaction between xml.xpath in PyXML and xml.xpath in
> > 4Suite when both are installed on the same machine?
>
> This is still uncertain; it will be advisable not to install both of
> them. If you do, the last one you install will take precedence, if you
> use the --force option to install (or install a binary distribution);
> if you install without force, you may end up with some files from one
> release and other files from the other.
>
> I *believe* that the PyXML xml.xpath should interwork with the 4Suite
> xml.xslt (and be compatible with 4Suite xml.xpath in all other
> respects also), but that also needs testing.

I think it's fairly easy to figure out where PyXML has its xpath stuff,
move it out of the way, and then install the 4Suite stuff.  I know this
is a bit ugly, but when playing with CVS alpha code, we do what
we have to...  if something needs the PyXML stuff then, move it back,
figure out what broke, and send in a bug report/complaint.
--
Bill Eldridge
Radio Free Asia