[XML-SIG] gray areas in Python SAX API

Stephane Bidoul stephane.bidoul@softwareag.com
Mon, 19 Nov 2001 16:48:34 +0100

> > I agree that this may be caused by one of the parser being
> in namespace
> > mode (and using startElementNS) and not the other one
> (which would be
> > using startElement) in which case, the problem would be in
> the handler.
>
> I've fixed the handlers in dom/ext/reader/Sax2.py and
> PyExpat.py to work
> properly. The startElement callback was wrong. I've also
> commited changes
> that enable the xmlns='' attribute to work.

Well... it seems your fix is a regression on something
Uche already changed in Sax2.py 1.11.
It was related to bug #446436.

> All of this works if feature_namspace is false for now. I'll
> now check the
> case where feature_namespace is true.

I've written a unittest that embodies my best understanding
of this issue. I send it to you (not sure if it's ok to
post attachments to the list - I can send it if anyone is
interested).

-sbi