[XML-SIG] PyXML setup.py question

Juergen Hermann Juergen Hermann" <jh@web.de
Mon, 19 Nov 2001 20:55:13 +0100

On Mon, 19 Nov 2001 17:59:26 +0100, S=E9bastien Pierre wrote:

>I am trying to make a Fink (fink.sf.net) package of PyXML, to do so I
>need to compile and install everything in a directory which is not the =

>directory where things will be eventually installed....well this is a
>little bit unclear...

Most probably you need --root

Options for 'install' command:
  --prefix            installation prefix
  --exec-prefix       (Unix only) prefix for platform-specific files
  --home              (Unix only) home directory to install under
  --install-base      base installation directory (instead of --prefix o=
r --
                      home)
  --install-platbase  base installation directory for platform-specific =
files
                      (instead of --exec-prefix or --home)
  --root              install everything relative to this alternate root=

                      directory
  --install-purelib   installation directory for pure Python module
                      distributions
  --install-platlib   installation directory for non-pure module distrib=
utions
  --install-lib       installation directory for all module distribution=
                      (overrides --install-purelib and --install-platlib=
)
  --install-headers   installation directory for C/C++ headers
  --install-scripts   installation directory for Python scripts
  --install-data      installation directory for data files